Counseling during the graduation phase
During the graduation phase, DoBuS is happy to provide advice and information as needed on issues related to the transition from study to work related to disabilities or chronic illnesses, such as:
- What can a helpful way of dealing with one's own impairment look like in applications or job interviews?
- What aspects do university graduates with disabilities need to consider in application procedures? What role does a severe disability determined by the pension office play?
- How can a need for work assistance or disability-friendly workplace equipment be organized?
- Which public agencies can support university graduates with disabilities in their entry into working life?
- How can I get in touch with other university graduates with disabilities in order to exchange information on questions of career entry (peer support)?
Besides the individual counseling services, DoBuS regularly organizes a graduate day for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses on issues related to the transition from studying to working life.
You are welcome to make a personal counseling appointment with us by phone or e-mail.
Our open office hours (no appointment necessary, currently by phone only) are held on Wednesdays from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Telephone: (+49) 231 755-6565
Dr. Claudia Schmidt
as well as dobustu-dortmundde