Once a year, at the beginning of each winter semester, DoBuS offers the three-day trial course on "Studying with Disabilities/Chronic Illness".
The event is aimed at high school students and other prospective students with disabilities or chronic illnesses who are considering Dortmund as a place to study. It is also intended for first-year students with disabilities or chronic illnesses at TU Dortmund University.
The offer is free of charge for all participants!
Topics covered at the trial courses are:
- Support services for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses at the TU Dortmund,
- Living and studying with personal assistance / dealing with study assistants,
- Financing of technical and personal assistance during studies,
- Legal rights and compensation for disadvantages during studies,
- Obtaining literature - use of the university library,
- Attending a lecture,
- Exchange of experience with other students with disabilities.
The taster university takes place every year in November. Please refer to the calendar of events for the specific date.
If required, the event will be translated into German sign language (DGS).
The DoBuS team is looking forward to welcoming you digitally at TU Dortmund University in November!